Sunday, June 03, 2012

The 12 Steps

Okay, this is a little spoof on the 12 steps, applied to purse shopping because I have attained quite an impressive purse collection while in Korea....  Let me say that I mean no disrespect to AA.  I have friends in AA and have the utmost respect for their courage and the challenge they face every day.

My friend, Mary Dene, had one time suggested on Facebook that I needed a 12 step program for my purse addiction. Here it is:

1.  I am powerless to buying knock off purses.
2.  I need a greater power to to restore my will power, probably my husband.
3.  I must turn over my spending to Adam for his control.
4.  Making an inventory... I don't have a Gucci or Fendi purse in my collection.
5.  I have purchased A LOT of purses.
6.  I have plenty of purses and do not need to buy any more.
7.  Adam can cut me off from my purse money.
8.  I have 'harmed' friends by taking them and influencing them to buy purses.
9.  Sorry friends for encouraging you to buy purses.  If you feel the need to unload them, I will carry the burden of taking your purses.
10. Hmmm continue to inventory... I still don't have a Gucci or Fendi.  Or a good yellow purse.
11. My new mantra: Do not buy purses, do not buy purses.  You do not need to buy purses.
12. Carry my message to others:  Sorry ladies, I can no longer take you to Miss Kim to get special Aimee price!

1 comment:

just me said...

So funny! Can you believe I managed to not even buy one? Of course I did buy 2 huge oriental rugs at great detriment to our pocket book so maybe I need a support group too.